Using Dry Ice In Cool Boxes
If you are planning to go outdoors during the hot summer
months, the best way to do so is to keep yourself cool.
A cooler or ice box is a great asset to have all year round. It provides convenience of storage, especially when going on picnics, camping, fishing trips, long drives, boating and so on. Its convenient size lets you carry it in the boot of your car, and it can be placed almost anywhere.
Benefits of Cool boxes
The cooler is a well-insulated box. Dry Ice packs are stored inside this box; items to be chilled are then placed among these packs. There are several advantages of owning these cool boxes:
- Requires no power points to function
- It works without electricity
- Sturdy handles molded into the ice box for ease in carrying and transportation
- Secure padlock locking feature for security as well as child safety
- The light color reflects sunlight and heat
keeping goods well chilled
boxes are compatible for use with dry ice packs for maximum ice retention
- High quality Polyethylene protects boxes from the suns powerful UV rays
- The Insulation is free of CFC’s, making the boxes eco-friendly
- Lightweight, robust and easily transportable.
Their uses include: There are lots of uses for card ice (another name for it) because of its unique properties. Common applications for dry ice are discussed below
1. Doctors use card ice to freeze wart for easy removal, though liquid nitrogen can also be used for the same purpose. It is also used to keep bone marrow frozen when it is shipped.
2. If you have a broken refrigerator, it can be used as an alternative to keep the contents in your freezer frozen.
3. It can also be used for speeding up the growth of plants. Use dry ice to improve the growth rate of plants by keeping them in close proximity with the plants. This is due to its unique ability to turn directly to carbon dioxide which is very important for growth in plants.
4. Fishing or Hunting – Preserve your trophy animal by putting dry ice at the bottom of your cooler and covering it with paper while you place your trophy on top. You want to avoid direct contact between ice and your trophy as this can cause great damage.
5. For Processing Fresh Meat – It is used in the industry for processing perishable items like ground meats and sausages.